Friday, February 6, 2009

Baking with Aunt Suzie

Today was a baking extravaganza day with my Aunt Suzie. She was at a homemaking baking demonstation where they used a product called Soy Liquid Lecithin:This junk is AMAZING! It replaces oil in baking certain things. Seriously this stuff is like super glue a $7 bottle of this will last 2 years if you make 2 loafs every week! And it has less calories and it also has a much longer shelf life and is cheaper than oil! Need I say more??? Are you sold on this stuff yet?? NO? Well then let me continue... You can be done baking start to finish in as little time as 1 hour! It will take no more than 25 minutes to rise and no more than 25 minutes to bake. You are probably thinking that is alright but maybe you don't want to make bread... well let me continue. I have over 50 recipes I can make that are delicious using this, and you can make much more than 50 dishes because you can do so many different things with each dish. Don't believe me? Well have a look at this....

First we decided to keep it simple and just make bread (total cost of ingredients ~36 cents per loaf):
Nice looking bread and it tasted great also. Next Aunt Suzie and I thought we would be a little more adventuresome. And BOY DID IT PAY OFF:
Yes, yes I did make this ALL by my self. And it was pretty easy. Doesn't it look FANTASTIC, oh just wait till you see inside:
This was really delicious, it has chicken brocolli, onion, cheese and cream of chicken soup, and seasoning salt and it is sooooo goood. I will be making this again! Next we decided to go for a nice breakfast (by the way the dough in all these recipes is one loaf worth) and takes no longer than 25 mintues to bake usually less and some you let rise no more than 25 mintues and some you just pop in the oven:
These were yummy cinnamon rolls. Are starting to believe how incredible this all is?? No??? well then take a look at THIS:
This is filled with cream cheese filling, apple pie fillin, some pecans, cinnamon and topped with cinnamon and sugar, and it is to die for, and yes I made this one as well! If you would like to find out more about this stuff or the simple recipes to make these let me know. This is what Jack did from 10-3 he played his little heart out:

This was our fun "girls day" together, so now its my turn to think of something fun we can do, any ideas?

9 comments:

Patty Sue Martin said...

I am interested in this stuff! I've heard of it before, but I thought it was too good to be true. You'll have to tell me more about it!

Ti'ana said...

an additional bonus is that this dough freezes really well too

Sina said...

you can have a girls spa day

Suzie said...

I'll take more details lady! Especially that brocolli stuff, that looked like a great dinner!

Audrey said...

Oh my gosh! That stuff looks amazing!

Kara said...

all of the things look so good! I would love to know how to do it!!

Ashley said...

Oh Dang! That stuff is good looking, where exactly can you get this stuff? Yeah, I like the quick and easy recipes!! I'm game! Hey about those eclairs, I will email you the recipe because I don't know if I should post it online for all to see (I'm not exactly sure if it's a Frome secret recipe or what?! But I will email it to you!)

KandK said...

when are you going to share the recipes and how to do it?!

Nicole said...

Hey Tiana.. I would be interested in the stuff, where to get it and the recipes for everything PLEASE!! And thanks for making me hungry when all we had for lunch of pb&j. :)