Monday, October 10, 2011

TMI for men (BREASTFEEDING)

If you are a man stop reading immediately....


now that we have that settled I have a question for you nursing mothers out there.
I was nursing Luke but my right side became very sore and lets say wounded, anyways I can't nurse on that side currently so I just pump and feed him with a bottle from that side. I still nurse on my left side, however Luke is becoming a lazy eater when nursing and I'm not producing as much on that side so I also pump that side after he nurses. So how would you suggest I get him to nurse better? I really would like to resume nursing both sides after I heal on the right, not sure what to do...

4 comments:

Patty Sue Martin said...

Oh man nursing can be so painful especially when you become "wounded" OUCH! That happened with Oaklee and I had to throw the milk out b/c it got blood in it, but they said to just nurse on the one side and pump so the supply stayed the same they said just feed the baby on the one side till you think they are almost full that way you should start getting a bit more milk on that side. I was told to always pump in the morning b/c you have more milk and then pump after the baby eats through out the day to build my supply. Sorry that is all I can say and it stinks because your doing double time pumping and feeding with a bottle. Hope you heal quickly!

Suzie said...

I think Patty is right on this one... good luck!

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

I think when you use a bottle babies are lazier. So not much you can do until you heal. Good luck

Torrie said...

I guess I was to dumb to quit nursing on my wounded side, I would grit my teeth and sweat through it, eventually it healed, yes those darn bottles make babies lazy. I guess I'm not much help but I liked nipple butter(yes terrible name I agree) it seemed to help a little. I guess this comment is not much help at all really, sorry. Make sure you are drinking tons of water too, I have some oils that I think stimulate milk production if ou are interested.