Friday, December 30, 2011

December

You are probably shocked that I am updating the blog... I have nothing better to do with my time. December 26th I had surgery to remove an ovarian cyst and my right ovary. Can I just tell you how wonderful it is to have family that takes such great care of us? Mom and Dad Miller were so great to let us stay the night on Christmas Day and then to tend the kids, and again help me out this weekend. And my mom came this week to help at home, so basically she doesn't let me do anything but play on the computer, which is nice so I can heal. Where would we be without our moms and moms in law? Jack has been having issues sharing gram this week. "put Luke in bouncy??" or if Luke is having a bottle Jack insists on sitting on the other half of gram's lap. Poor Gram.

So lets see what happened in December:
We put up the Christmas tree. "Oh boy! Mom Christmas! Escited Mom?"
Jack's eyes alight with the wonder and magic of Christmas, those bulbs burned bright all month. Diane (mil) one day got out a little nativity for Jack to look at and play with. He knew who Mary was and also Joseph. Grandma asks "who's this?" Jack shrugs.. "the baby."
Luke is becoming more and more aware of his surroundings. He had his 2 month checkup and weighed in at 13 pounds. He is a healthy little guy.
However he is insane when it comes to scratching himself. I know babies do this a lot but this kid is CRAZY! whenever he is tired, hungry, sad, waking up he is scratching his head or pulling his hair. His poor head got so bad that I've recently been putting socks on his hands to help. He is looking much less like a cat scratching post lately. Boy does this kid love the bouncy. Best invention EVER.
We went to visit Gram and Papa in Utah for a week. It was really fun to see family and to have a family dinner together. One night we went to the Spanish Fork Festival of Lights. It was really cool, Jack was all over that! However with all the lights we were thinking a seizure might be on the way!
My two cute boys! In their matching Christmas outfits.
Jack was "SO ESCITED"to hold Luke all by himself. He did a good job.
My mom and dad have a ridiculously huge play on horse for the kids. But they love it, it looks just like Papa's horse Butter. We also got to go watch Papa rope, its always a good time. Dan took the week off (mostly) and he helped my Dad drive propane truck or paint or do heating duct work. Im sure there was a lot of Mt. Dew and Jerky involved. ;) We also got to go to a yummy shrimp dinner at Grandpa and Grandma's house (I know how lucky and I 2 shrimp dinners in one month!!) Jack loves his cousins, Ellie and Jack just run and play and laugh, they are so cute together, Im glad Jack is over the shyness and Ellie doesn't have to hold his hand and lead him away to play anymore!

3 comments:

Suzie said...

How fun! I miss you guys!

Suzie said...

PS, this is the first I've heard of your surgery... how are you feeling?

Patty Sue Martin said...

I hope you are feeling well now that your mom is gone. Keep us posted.
Oaklee has issues sharing Gram too, it could be quite the battle if Jack and Oaklee are both with Gram.