Monday, January 12, 2009

SALE EXTRAVAGANZA

Well my awesome sil Kara kindly told me about a great sale at Albertsons this week. Not only did she tell me about this fantastic sale she helped me navigate through it TWICE and she gave me some awesome coupons to help out some more. So our storage is slimming down a bunch so Dan and I decided to seriously beef it up this week, and man OH man did we ever. We decided to stock up on the year supply of a few things. I seriously cannot thank Kara enough for all her help and for thinking of me. And not only did she help me she seriously helped like 15 other people, I think she went to Albertsons to help people she knows at least TWICE a day! She is so generous and giving of her time and her talents. So this is what I managed to get: 12 tides, 10 downy, 14 cascade, 4 crest toothpaste, 6 honeynut cheerios, 12 cheerios, 3 packs of papertowls, 12 megaroll packs of toilet paper, 6 dawn soap, 2 bounce dryer sheets, 6 old spice deoderant, 4 secret deodorant, 27 jumbo packs of diapers. The sale was amazing. Total savings: $750.

Well I was only able to get size 2,5 and 6 previously and I really wanted to stock up on size 3, 4, and 5. So last night they got another shipment in so at 6:15 this morning Jack and I were on our way the Rexburg. And we made it out like bandits. We swiped a total of 15 boxes or 60 jumbo packs in various sizes. All I can say is I dont think we will need to buy diapers till the next little baby arrives in a couple years. Its a good thing to save up for occasions like this, and it makes me feel good that we are getting such a great start on our storage again, its really very important and i know most of this isnt food, but its still practial stuff that we use everyday. So the total savings in diapers for today $500. So a total savings of $1250.

6 comments:

Kara said...

That is AMAZING!! It was so fun to go with you!!Glad that you have diapers for a while!!

Suzie said...

That is awesome! So how did you get in & out of the store with Jack & 15 boxes of diapers????

Ti'ana said...

2 carts, one to push and one to pull

Nicole said...

Wow I wish I had an Albertsons near us!

Torrie said...

yeah, i love a good sale....so YOU are the one who took all the diapers huh? with the two carts I had, Ezra kept asking again and again and again, mom why do we have two carts? Because we have so much stuff, mom, why do we have two carts, because we are hitting a good sale, mom, why do we have two carts....you get the picture.

Sina said...

Holy Crap T! Smart move!