Friday, March 6, 2009

Fraud at them DMV

Since I was at the DMV Dan pointed out to me (about the no credit/debit cards thing) that it is much much easier to commit fraud that way. As you might recall his comment on my last post:

you forgot to mention that your loving husband was at work helping others comply with a ridiculously complicated tax code that our government sees fit to impose upon us. Also people who only accept cash are committing fraud. Seriously it is way easier to commit fraud with cash and checks. That is why it says on all of your bills to not send cash. Some people use the excuse that they dont want to pay the merchant fees on the credit cards but merchant fees are fairly cheap compared to a bounced check fee. Or chasing down the person who bounced the check for that matter.

Since he is in accounting and does audits himself I'm fairly certain he knows what he is talking about. So on with my story, as you might recall I had to go back to the DMV to retake the exam, I really think last time I was just to angry to concentrate because I failed last time and this time I only missed one. Anyways I had Dan come with me on his lunch break and he decided to change his over while he was there also. First you have to pay $3 to take the test, then you have to pay $45 to get you license printed out. So I did both with that cash I made sure I had. When we got in the car to leave Dan asked me if they gave me a reciept for my "purchases" I thought about and said no, they didnt even offer me one. He then began telling me that when he paid he paid in cash also and they took it and gave him his change, he then proceeded in asking for a reciept, the lady looked shocked and went digging for his reciept she threw in the shredder. lol. Dan also says it is WAY easier to commit fraud with such a crumby system like not giving reciepts who knows how they are running things and keeping track of things, so im hoping they have a county auditor here, because I think they should look into things or possibly the county auditor is NOT doing his job very well and they should look into what he spends his time doing. Also to register your car here you can't pay with credit/debit either?? I'm telling you things are smelling a little fishy around here. I'll have to ask Dan to post why it would be easier to commit fraud exactly. Also nobody said anything about Jack today? Very strange indeed. All in all my review on the Bonneville DMV is 0 stars out of 5.

6 comments:

Patty Sue Martin said...

I loved these two posts because things like this just make you so upset and I am happy to know that its not just me that gets ticked off!! I am actually waiting for my good husband to get home to go to the financial aid office with me because when I tried it on my own I almost cried!!! And I wanted to strangle a lady named Suzie!!

Sina said...

Go to the bingham co DMV, they are much nicer there. And when I moved down here to Utah, I was shock that they took debit/credit. I had called ahead and asked them how much it would cost, and had the right amount of cash with me, just because I was used to Wyoming and Idaho. Oh well. I'm glad you don't have to go back for a few years at least!

Suzie said...

Watch it Patty, I used to be a Suzie in Financial Aid....LOL.
Dan should seriously have those guys audited. I'll bet you someone is taking money.

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

Ok I seriously love you. I hope you said all that crap to the lady's face, I sure would have just ask Dan. My husband gets so embarrassed when I am upset for a pretty good reason but in the end he is grateful because I always fix the problem and get more too. What's also funny is that I remember every A hole that has pissed me off in places like that.

KandK said...

Glad all went well the second time but I must say that it is all backwards up there at times.

Caboose said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I JUST REALIZED THIS POST IS CALLED FRAUD AT THEM DMV INSTEAD OF FRAUD AT THE DMV.... HAHAHAHA