Friday, July 10, 2009

"Camping" and Jackson Hole


Over Fathers day weekend my dad, dan and my brother Mitch went fishing up to Lewis Lake (its a tradition on fathers day). So my mom, Jack, and I decided to tag along and camp in the cabins up at yellowstone while the boys camped. Then while they fished for two days we headed up to Jackson to do some tourists stuff and some shopping. You can neever have to much moose stuff right? Jack thought the hotels were pretty sweet living... chillin in jammies on a bed of pillows, playing with toys while Gram hand feeds me some fudge... yes this camping stuff isnt bad at all. It was fun to go around Jackson and see the sights. I got to stop in my favorite gallery Wild By Nature Gallery and I even got the meet the photographer Henry Holdsworth. Im a big fan, my moose picture that I know EVERYONE loves (haha) is from that gallery. We also stopped by another gallery Under the Willow, featuring the talent of Abby. Well Abby basically brought photography to JH and has been around forever, and knows my grandpa. When we stopped by he was also there so he asked about grandpa and this is how the conversation went:

Abby : Oh yes I know Mike (grandpa) well, he has lived here for years, and did a lot of work on the buildings downtown. You know he lived in star valley before here and has a place there?

My mom: Star Valley? No actually he never lived there, he was in Evanston then Bountiful then Jackson, and has a place here and in evanston and arizona now.

Abby: No he lived in Star Valley before.

My mom: Um no I dont think so he...

Abby: Yes he's from there, he lived in star valley.

My mom: No, I think i would know....

And this is where I couldnt handle this conversation anymore, neither was making much progress in their argument. It was truely hilarious though they honestly just kept going and going, so I felt it was time to end the madness....

Tiana: Mom (with a shake of a head and eyes that are trying to convey a message to stop, similar to those a mother gives her child)

Tiana: Wow I really love that picture.....

and so it ended.
Oh course we had to get pictures by the Elk Antler Arches. True tourists ya know. Saturday afternoon we met the boy in Jackson and got to see how they did on the lake...


They had a ton of fun and caught a bunch of fish. Dan caught the biggest one this year and he was pretty proud! 25 pounds! Which is now frozen and taking up too much space in our freezer while it waits to get stuffed at be Dan's trophy fish on our wall..... they caught a bunch and so we have been eating delicious trout every week. Poor Jack.. I think there is a silly rule about how if your not bigger than the fish you catch you cant go.... or something like that.

Yes, true story, this beast is taking up residence in MY freezer, but I guess its MY freezer or MY wall. It sure was a fun trip.

4 comments:

Sina said...

garage walls always need decorating??

Patty Sue Martin said...

Mitch had so much fun fishing! They were fried when they got home, I told Mitch to wear sunscreen and he was regretting that he didn't. That story about Abby and your mom is so funny! Ya we have two fish on the wall right above the crib...with one more that is still being stuffed. I hope Oaklee likes to look at fish!! No I think we are going to move them before she gets here!! If you don't want it on your wall Dan could always put in his office.

Suzie said...

My goodness! That fish is huge!

Kara said...

Looks like a fun get-away!!