Tuesday, July 7, 2009

9 Month Checkup

Wednesday was Jack's 9 month checkup. It went well, no shots, so Jack was pretty happy about that. He now weighs in at 17 pounds 4 ounces. Apparently he completely fell of the weight curve he was following, and is now in the 6th percentile. But if you ask me, or anyone who has seen him for that matter, he is still rolly polly, I don't think he would be considered starved, although he might beg to differ at times. Regardless I have to take him in every month for a weight check. This makes me laugh a little Jack has 2 cousins that are a year older than him and he is pretty close to their size, and Im pretty sure they are absolutly healthy. He is now 26.5 inches tall, he grew 1.5 inches since last time! They said he is still "short", I say ya right. All in all he is healthy and doing great. I am now feeding him more "real" food. Its not going very well. He likes sweet potato puffs and gram crackers. So far he gags on mashed potatos, eggs, toast.. the list goes on, he is SO PICKY! Although he had a taste of bbq sauce, and Aunt Karas sloppy joes and it seemed alright, also jello. Oh and he wont eat anything green, peas.... gag... green beans... gag. So if you wouldnt mind giving me some comments of ideas of what I could feed this child that would be AMAZING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you have tried this already. But Spencer wouldn't eat peas or green beans unless they were warm. Try heating them up or putting them in the fridge. Good luck!

Patty Sue Martin said...

Oh my heavens I am so surprised Jack is small, he looks bigger than that to me.