Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Plea from a Starving Pregnant Lady

It has come to my attention that pregnant women are afflicted with serious ills that control their mind and body. Its not really that our brains go to mush, but rather are indefinitely redirected. Instead of contemplating on why therapeutic stem cell research is so debatable and its possible implications, we are forced by nonsensical hormones to focus all our energy on FOOOOD. Yes, its true can't you just imagine arctic circle fry sauce, or perhaps chicken fried chicken with country gravy and mashed potatos, lettuce wraps, hashbrowns and eggs from Village Inn? Are you seeing a pattern here? All things I am not required to cook. So this is where my plea comes into play; Suzie, please, if you ever had any love for your fellow band member you will help me with a few essential tasks.....

  1. You have the most amazing recipe for rice and shredded chicken cooked in a crock pot. If you get time could you post exactly what the recipe is? I promise all my readers (all 3 of you) that when you eat this you will never ever think of becoming a vegetarian again.
  2. You also happen to have a delicious recipe for crock pot roasts. Yes, i do know that once you told me how to make it, and really I promise I have tried and tried to make it, but it always comes out wrong and nasty and dry. A delicous roast that falls apart with a fork and that savors that sweet onion essence.... What i really need to know is the specifics of this one. What kind of roast? how big? how much of each ingredient? how long to cook? is the meat thawed first? yadda yadda yadda
I know you are very busy and possibly don't have time for this right now, but if you ever run out of things to blog about PLEASE I beg that you blog about what you cook! Its to die for.

6 comments:

KandK said...

T, I love using a crock pot! I don't ever pay attention to what kind of roast I put in, but they always fall apart. I put mine in thawed, poke holes in the top of it, drizzle Worcestershire sauce so it seeps in the holes. I put onions cut up, season salt, but I love the canadian steak seasoning the best on it. I cook it for 10 or so hours....YUMMMMOOO!!!

Torrie said...

I'm laughing so hard. I call this stage of pregnancy the honeymoon period. You start to feel better so you just want to eat everything you can think of and that is all you do is think of stuff. So you feel good enough to eat and not so big that you have to waddle around and not able to tie your shoes. Eat up and enjoy.

I have never been able to successfully do the "Sunday roast" like other good mormon women but I have a yummy chicken one.
Put boneless/skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot frozen or thawed pour Italian salad dressing over the top and cook 4-5 hours. Then shred the chicken add it back to the pot and then add cream of chicken, stir and then pour over rice....yummo. If you like mango's I have made a mango salsa to put with it and that is yummy too. I have a crockpot lasagna recipe that would be good to if you want it.

Kara said...

I use my crock pot all the time! I can get you some really good recipes!!

Ti'ana said...

maybe if we all start begging suzie will post her yummy chicken recipe!!! its worth a try people, this stuff is heaven.

Suzie said...

OK, sorry I've been a little tied up with 11 kids the last few days. You asked for the only 2 recipes that I don't have an actual recipe for.
Julie's chicken is:
Put 4-5 chicken breasts (or however many you want.) with 1/2 cup water, & 1 pkg of dry italian dressing in the crockpot on low for 4 hrs. Take it out & shred it. Put a package of cream cheese & 1-2 cans of cream of chicken soup in the crockpot while you're shredding the chicken. Add back in the shredded chicken, serve over rice.

Mom's roast:
The lady at the grocery store told me that I think the chuck roast will wind up being the most fall apart kind. I put mine in the crockpot frozen on Sunday morning with the crockpot mostly full of water, with a packet of dry onion soup, 1 onion quartered & carrots. Let it cook all day. Sometimes it's more tender than others, I haven't figured that out. Mom's the pro at these.

Ti'ana said...

YEAH!!!!! I cant wait for Saturday to come so I can cook this chicken!!!