Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Peter Pumpkin Brownies Gone Wrong

The other day I was browsing the Miller combined cookbook and I happened upon this recipe for Peter Pumpkin Brownies and it noted that it was Dan's favorite. So considering the time of year I thought it would be a fun treat and nice for Dan. Well I made it exactly as the recipe shows and let me tell ya, it went terribly wrong. Instead of delicious warm pumpkin brownies we ended up with brown pumpkin goo. Not at all like the brownies I imagined. So we had a nice pan of pumpkin gooey goo, not much of a treat. So here is the recipe, DO NOT make this unless you like goo. I simply think there must be some key ingredient missing, perhaps flour??? Well if any of you Millers know exactly what is missing let me know and I will give it another whirl.

Peter Pumpkin Brownies (DO NOT MAKE, THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN RECALLED)

1 c. melted margarine
3 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon

Bake in 9x13 pan at 350 for about 40 minutes

1 comment:

Sina said...

3 c sugar? Geez that's a lot. I'm thinking a couple of cups of flour would do the trick. But I don't know since I've never made Peter Pumpkin Brownies! Did they smell good while baking?