Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thank You

Well we made it. We are pretty much settled in and officially Idahoans. We packed up the uhaul on Friday October 24th. We had great help and loads of people turned up to help. I'm telling you prayers really do work and Heavenly Father blesses us and knows our needs. He has blessed us so much this past month, I feel as though I cannot thank him enough. There was so much going on this month that it seemed pretty overwhelming but with his help all went incredibly well. Early Saturday morning we drove to Idaho, again we were blessed with help. Thank you all of those that pitched in, you really are very appreciated. After a few days of busy work we had the house unpacked and almost completely decorated by Tuesday. On Wednesday Dan had to go back to Utah for school and was taking my mom home with him. I was pretty much freaking myself out at the thought of being alone for the very first time with Jack and in a new place and in a new home. So graciously Dan and Mom let me and Jack go to Utah too. Jack and I stayed at Gram and Papas house and hung out for a couple days while Dan went to school and went back to his old job to help them finish some things up on Friday. So here we are today is Sunday, its raining and I love it, although I would love it more if it would snow. I went to sacrament meeting today, there is NO old people in our ward. Seriously everyone is young with young children, maybe a few deacons and beehives but that is the oldest. Seriously the primary must be massive. It was so nice to go to sacrament today, I have missed it these last few weeks. It was so darling one little girl went up to bear her testimony, she couldn't have been more then 3 or 4, the bishop pulled out the stool for her to stand on and she pulled down the microphone and all you could do was hear her she was so little you couldn't even see her behind the pulpit. Children has such sweet and pure spirits. Jack is getting so big. He has a full double chin and his little legs are getting chunkier. He is adorable. Dan watched him while I was at sacrament, when I came home Dan said he was fussy and screaming and farting the entire time. So I picked him up and rocked him about 30 seconds and he was out like a light... no fussing. I wonder what Dan was talking about?? lol. Dan starts his new job tomorrow at Postin Denney and Kilpack. I am excited for him and I hope he enjoys it. Pray that all will go well. So I think that pretty much updates you all. I will take some pix of Jack tomorrow hopefully and I will also try to take some pictures of my new little home. Again thank you for all your help. I would like to express my love and gratitude to Heavenly Father for all he has blessed us with, and for the atonement, I love my family and through the sacrifice our Savior made we can be together forever. I know that pray works, I know that when we pray it brings us closer to our Father and we can strengthen our relationship with him. I know that when we pray specifically our prayers are heard and they are answered. I know that we can gain comfort and support through prayer and faith. I know that when we read the scriptures we can find answers to our questions and that we can find understanding. I know he loves us and he wants us to succeed and to take care of his children and to give them the best opportunity to grow strong in the gospel. I know he wants us to attend church and church activities and to partake the sacrament. I know that when we strive to live righteously life will be happier and it will be easier. If we turn to our Father he will help us and we will feel his love.

4 comments:

Suzie said...

It was probably great to turn the calendar over to November for you guys! One crazy month out of the way! Glad you are all settled.

Patty Sue Martin said...

Good to know that everything went well. I am excited to hear more.

Nicole said...

Tiana its great to see and hear how you are doing... that little boy is absolutely adorable!! What a little sweetheart!! I loved ALL the pictures of him congrats to you and your hubby.

(I am so glad I found your blog off Brittany's.)

Love,
Nicole Martin

Torrie said...

Well said, I'm glad you are finally settled and can get ready for your favorite time of the year, I think today is a great Hot Chocolate day don't you?