Thursday, December 2, 2010

Great Pumpkin Continues.....

Ok and the final chapter to the 2010 Great Pumpkin Extravaganza....
All the women and children got to halloween jammies. Boy they are comfy. Nothing like a good pair of jammies.

Kambree and Avery.
Auntie Sina and Jack.
Tressie and Tiana. Tressie is my cousin and I love her very much.
Carol, John, Auntie Sina, Kambree all snuggled together.Then we had to celebrate an abundance of birthdays. This is Carol's halloween cake. Yikes, I know. Thats a lot of refined sugar.
Dallas and his cheesecake, Carol 8 and her halloween sugar high, and Jack 2 and his pumpkin pie.



Carol was so thorough blowing out the candles that Jack got another try... I can't help but think he might be spoiled rotten......


Then on to opening birthday presents.... Im telling you this pumpkin party has so many different party aspects, its like the ultimate party.

Why do we even spend money on gifts? They would really be happy with a box, the paper and the ribbons... truly.Here is the action as it happens. Playing catch with gram. Thanks Gram and Papa for the very fun party and weekend. And you know its not really about the presents, the food, the costumes, the pumpkins... What makes it special is just spending good old quality time with eachother, I love being with my family and playing outside and just sitting around chatting. Those are really the best of times. I'm so blessed with a wonderful family, and I am so blessed with wonderful inlaws. I could not have it any better!

Not featured in the blog: somehow I failed to get pictures of the kids in the sandbox in their jammies. Also new this year we tried (and sort of failed a little) at making orange cotton candy. It was fun and Jack LOVED it, he must get that from his mom.

No comments: