Saturday, November 10, 2012

Preschool

This Fall Jack started Preschool with Mrs. Hammer. It is just around the corner from our house with a nice lady in our ward. That is nice because I feel I can trust her and Jack knows some of the other kids in his class of 10 kids. He goes tues and thurs from 9-11. He has done pretty well from the start. He has only cried about going maybe 2 times. I am trying to get him to be more independent and confident so I drop him off and make him walk himself to the garage door and into the house (of course I always sneak when he isnt watching to make sure he made it all the way down the stairs to the school room, but that’s our little secret). For about the first month his teacher said he was SUPER shy and wouldn’t talk but finally he is making progress and will talk to his teacher. I can’t believe how big he is getting. He loves going now and asks daily if we are going. They are learning letters, doing worksheets, making crafts, practicing writing their names… It has been great for him and I love his enthusiasm.

Jack and Luke SummerFall 2012 025

Jack and Luke SummerFall 2012 056

One of his creations at school a cowboy vest. With mom’s boots to complete the look. Later I asked him if he wanted to wear his cowboy vest and he said “NO MOM, we don’t have HORSES!”

1 comment:

Suzie said...

What a cutie! Have him take his vest to your mom's or Kara's. Gotta get some use out of that...