Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pumpkin #2

I guess I haven't formally posted that we are expecting our second baby, of course anyone reading would know. But I suppose I should clear up some unanswered questions....

Due Date: October 10

Estimated arrival date according to me and dan: Oct 1 (Jack's bday)

How many weeks right now : 15 weeks

Boy or Girl: A boy would be convenient (although I have been told parenting isnt about convenience) but for this reason I am certain baby is a girl.

Names: Emmett Richard for a boy and No Idea for a girl

Things to remember for next time ( I know you are all shocked I am even mentioning a next time at this point): when you find out you are prego call dr ASAP for zofran, really dont wait and dont try phenergan first. And you will feel like you want to die from 4 weeks- 15or 20 weeks. Also do not have a first trimester during tax season.

How is baby doing: Baby looks healthy and strong. Due to a dermoid cyst on my right ovary we get to have an ultrasound every appointment. The cyst is a mass of cells so its not going to resolve itself and go away, its about 5.5 cm, it appears stable for now but if it grows they will need to take it out asap. if it can stay where it is they will take it out after I have the baby. my thyroid hormone was low so they tested it again yesterday and hopefully it will be back to normal. Baby was napping during last ultrasound so there were no guesses to gender, next complete ultrasound is set for May 17! So we will let you know then.

2 comments:

Patty Sue Martin said...

T, I am so glad you have been feeling a little better!! I hope the rest of the pregnancy is nothing but good!! We'll keep you in our prayers and hopefully the cyst will stay put.

Suzie said...

That's crappy about the cyst! I hope if you have to get it taken out that it doesn't keep you down too long. You should also note to not be due during tax time on your next one either... You'll want dan there... so springtime 2nd tri is what you're gonna have to plan for :)