Thursday, April 28, 2011

Jack Jack the Jack Jack Attack

I havn't posted about my sweet little one in awhile. It all been about me me me... so typical. I realized the last time I posted about Jack wasn't on the sweetest note. Well let me tell you a lot has changed since my last post. I am now convinced I have one of the most mild mannered, sweet, caring, doting, shy children alive. I know you are all agreeing with me unless you have ever been victim to the Jack Jack Attack (you know who you are... specifically all those pretty blondes out there.. Patty, Stacy, Kara, Gram.) Jack has a thing for tickling blonds, I have no idea why. So here are some updates on Jack:

Potty Trained: I love that I no longer have to say training. Never thought I would be so happy to drop an -ing. In all honesty I think I may have been VERY lucky with the potty training business. There were a few days that I wanted to pull my hair out, but potty training wouldn't be considered the worst with out it. But for being just over 2 he did incredible and he caught on really quick. And now at 2.5 he no longer needs help pittling, he is a very independent boy and doesn't want mom's help, and insists on pottying like a big boy standing up. Thank heavens for a good aim. I love how big he is getting and every time he goes potty he comes running out to me saying with complete joy "Mommy I did it!"

Speaking/Reading: Most of you probably think Jack doesn't talk. And when we are out and about of with a crowd that is mostly true, he is very quiet. Seriously we were at grandma and grandpas house the other day with cousins over and I don't think I heard him say more than 5 words all day, and if he really had to tell me something like potty he will whisper. Today we went to the mall and we had a snack to eat so we went to the kids play area to play and eat. I really started to get concerned because he would not leave my side, he would just play on the bench seat next to me, he was watching all the kids, but he wouldn't go play. I started thinking maybe we have some issues, like he is so stressed that he can't enjoy himself. But after about 30 minutes of watching and eating he finally got brave and played by some stuff near me, and over time got braver and braver, and near the end he was having a great time playing and laughing and talking and climbing. I guess he just really needs time to scan the area, make sure it is all safe, just a little time to warm up. He is talking so much more, I love that we can communicate, and I love hearing all of his new words. I know a lot of it still sounds like gibberish, but we understand each other really well. Jack and I have still been working on reading words and he is up to about 20 words. His favorites are moon, girl, cats, hi, shoes and drinking.

Sleeping: Naps are not everyday but here and there. He likes to nap on the couch, not in his bed. Which is fine by me. This pregnancy has been really hard especially during tax season when dan was gone all the time. This is horrible but I had an air mattress that I put in Jacks room so at 7:00 bed time we would both go lay down for bed, because by that time I usually felt like dying, so I wouldn't have to get up and down getting him to bed or anything. Needless to say Jack loved it and it took a couple hard bed times for us to break the habit. Still working on perfecting it, but we will be there in no time.

Sippy Cups: I took Kara's advice on this one. Just get rid of it. And that's what we did, it was hard for a day or two. But so nice and Jack is great about having a drink on the table and getting a drink when needed and he is good about not spilling, but if he does he knows where the dish rags are. We do use a sippy once in awhile when we are in the car for long periods like driving to Utah but other than that, they are all gone. And it is SOO worth it.

Eating: He is eating much more these days. He loves eating "plants." Anything green. But they must be referred to as plants or its a no go. While he is eating better he still is more of a grazer than a sit down and eat a big meal type of guy.

You know its so much easier now that we can communicate not to get frusterated and feeling like he needs a spanking or time out. rarely does he need time out or anything, most of the time I can just talk with him and we are Ok. I love that. I don't like spankings, makes me feel like an unfit mother.

When dan goes to work I love hearing Jack say Love you too, bye, see you, have fun!!! makes my day every morning.

I love that he says Love you too. Not just Love you. I love how he says HUH when he is thinking about something. I love how he loves jumping and spinning, and ringing the ding dong (he must have got the wade gene) and playing knock knock. I love how he now pretends, like the black airmattress pump is and otis puppy one day and a vacuming sucking up grandpa's flies the next. Or how me pretends to cook and is heavy duty on the pepper. I love how he says his prays. There is no real way of explaining that, I may have to sneak the video camera in on that one.

Jack is a wonderful boy, when I was sick and puking he was there for me sitting right next to me patting my back and saying over and over OK MOMMY?? OK MOMMY? until i said yes I'm ok.

I couln't be more blessed.

3 comments:

Suzie said...

What a cutie! We miss him!

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

Oh I can not wait to see how he and Carter do together. Carter is really similar. He is really talkative at home but when he is with his cousins he doesn't say a word. he also is a little stand offish when they are wrestling and such. can't wait to spend some time with you guys in a couple of weeks.

Torrie said...

We love Jack. Such a good idea to write those things down you will never remember. I should do the same. We need to get Jack and Ellie together more, that girl never quits talking of course so maybe she would rub off a little on him.