Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Go on pick a side...

Dan and I are having a war of the wills....

Here is the problem up for debate:

We have a huge yard. I think it would be fun for Jack to have a backyard full of different fun things he could do: we have a trampoline, a teetertotter helicopter, and a soccer goal made of spare pvc pipe, sidewalk chalk and buckets and shovels and a tonka truck and tball set (note these last few items arent our all the time they are one a designated outdoor play shelf in the garage). I think we should also put in a swing set and a sand box.

Dan thinks a swing set is out of the question. That we will have so much crap in our back yard he wont have any room to play. And he will have so many things layed out for him that he won't be able to use any creativity.

So what do you think? Swing set or not?? We have agreed for now not to put in a swing set to see how things go, but I think we both agree on a sandbox.

Don't get me wrong this isn't an actual feud or anything. Although to be fair I should let Dan submit his own statement and argument against the swing set, so as to erase all bias.

4 comments:

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

Well with that big of a yard do what you would like, but i will tell you a slide is what my son loves. He would spend hours on one if he could. I say if Jack will play with it, do it, if not wait till you have more pumpkins!!!

Patty Sue Martin said...

He does have a lot of toys to play with, but if you think he would play with everything and you have the space I don't see a problem with it. However, for me I love to go to the Park with Oaklee we meet new people every single time we go. If we had a swing set and a slide in our back yard we would never go to the park! Hence we would be friendless!!

Suzie said...

We love our swingset. I love watching the kids playing out there on it, but we don't have any of those other fun toys. I think he will use his imagination no matter what.

Torrie said...

I think a slide (from a garage sale of course) is the only addition you need. A break for mom to be able to send kids outside is awesome. I'm probably not the best one to ask for advice on this one, you have seen my yard. When you get those toys for cheap, I just can't pass them up, they have dragged all those toys around the whole yard making forts and other I imaginary devices like a house with separate bedrooms, i would never worry about taking away imagination now a computer is something that takes away imagination never an outside toy.....just my two cents.
We also like going to the park for a change too, but I get to stresses out there so we don't do it all the time.