Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday

I havn't been to church in awhile. And by "awhile" I mean since the end of January. I do miss going, I miss the sacrament, I miss the songs, I miss the spirit. So here we are Sunday April 10th. Today I decided I was going to make a heroic effort to get to Sacrament meeting. Thank Heavens our church is at 11 so I thought this could be a doable task. I got up slowly, took some medicine, ate a little breakfast, layed down for awhile, took a shower, layed down for awhile, dryed my hair, layed down for awhile, curled hair and applied very little makeup. We were now approaching 10:30, Dan is home from his meeting and gives a nice greeting "is mom actually going to church today." Minutes later everything melts down, and once again this Sunday I have to kneel at the porcelian altar of pregnancy. Maybe next Sunday will be better...... so what do you do when you are home sick from church?

4 comments:

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

I am so sad that I am just finding out that you are having a baby. When are you due? You think you guys could come to St George for a friend reunion the weekend of June 11th? Let me know, call me sometime please

Torrie said...

soooo sorry T, I feel your pain. It makes you so mad when you are trying so hard. I found some good shows and sometimes I would catch the Sacrament meeting they show on KBYU. They have this show called....can't remember but they take people like Janice Kapp Perry and tell about their life I think it is LDS Lives or something like that. It is miserable I hope you have better days to come like mine today when baby is in your ribs and you can't breathe :) see? it only gets better right?

Patty Sue Martin said...

KFC really probably isn't worth it!! As for church I would take advantage that Dan has Jack and I would probably try to sleep off the sick! And if you can't sleep then I would listen to church music or mormon radio or something like that. I sure hope you start feeling better soon!! I keep hoping you'll wake up one morning and you'll feel good for the rest of your pregnancy!

Suzie said...

That would make me crazy! I have no idea how you do this.. when the boys & I missed church a few weeks ago due to illness we watched the Testaments movie. Maybe you could have dan put it in before he left & you could just die/lie on the couch..