Thursday, July 3, 2008

Code Yellow

As some may know I work at the U of U hospital. Yesterday was an interesting day. I was scheduled to work from 3 to 11:30, but around 11 I got a phone call from work. It was a girl I work with as a clerk, she asked me how long it would take me to get into work? I was a little confused but assumed they were just slammed with work and needed me, my answer was uuhh.. then she tells me we are in a code yellow. Which means somekind of internal or external disaster. So i ask what type of code yellow, she says we have a bomb threat. Then she tells me we don't need you to report to work now, but if we call back you need to come in asap, park in the ozone (a parking lot we would have to be shuttled in from) and make sure you have your hospital ID and regular ID, and it takes awhile to get in because we are on lock down. But it all worked out in the end, a little before my shift started it was cleared, all I had to do was have my ID and have my bag searched when I arrived. Codes always make the floor a bit crazy, so it was nice that I wasn't scheduled till 3.

3 comments:

Suzie said...

I heard about that and wondered if you were affected by it, but was too lazy to call... now I know!

KandK said...

glad everything turned out!!
Of coarse a little excitement always makes for a faster work shift!

Kara said...

nice!! someone was just a little excited for the 4th of July fireworks!!