Friday, July 18, 2008

Patty's Amazing Chicken Fettuccine Tomato Alfredo

A couple weeks ago we had a birthday party for my mom and this recipe is what my sister in law Patty and my brother Mitch made for us. Let me tell you something... you DO NOT need to go to Olive Garden to eat amazing pasta. I swear this is better than the restaurant stuff. I probably had 4 servings of this pasta and had to stop before I popped it was that good.

Chicken Fettuccine Tomato Alfredo

¼ Cup Butter

¼ Cup Olive Oil

2 Chicken Breasts Cubed

¼ Cup Chopped Green Onions (It says to use only the white part, I used the green too!)

2 Cloves Garlic Minced

1 Cup Whipping Cream

1 Package Alfredo mix (red McCormick powder packet)

12 oz. Fresh Mushrooms sliced

15 oz. Can Diced Drained Tomatoes

½ teaspoon salt & pepper

¼ Cup Fresh Parsley or 2 Tablespoons dried (I used fresh)

2 Tablespoons Dry Basil

1 Box Cooked Fettuccine Noodles

½ Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese

***Start cooking noodles, while noodles are cooking…

***Heat butter and oil, until butter melts. Add Chicken and cook until brown. Add garlic and onions and sauté.

***In a separate bowl mix Alfredo packet and whipping cream, add to the chicken and stir.

***When noodles are done cooking drain them and keep in the pan over low heat add the chicken/Alfredo mixture and stir add all of your spices and vegetables (mushrooms, tomatoes, salt/pepper, parsley, basil) stir and top with parmesan cheese before serving.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds sooo good. I will try this when I get home.