Monday, August 4, 2008

Idaho

Dan's parents are going out into the mission again to Yap (if you dont know where Yap is, like most of us, I suggest google maps). They are leaving August 18th so we decided to rearrange our plans a bit and go visit them this past weekend before they leave. So of course all the crazy Miller males had some plan for a project, this time it happened to be cutting down trees with a chain saw while suspended in the air in a little basket. I sat on the stairs while Dan and Eric had a go at it. IT WAS TERRIFIYING. I dont know if it was just my pregnant mind getting the best of me but while they began I couldnt keep these images from zooming through my head:

1. Eric with the chain saw, losing balance or forgetting about dan, dan getting his head sawed off.

2. Eric with the chain saw, losing balance while cutting and sawing dan's arm off.

3. the basket getting to wobbly and dan falling to his death.

4. Dan cutting a tree at a bad angle and having it fall and crush him to death.

5. a big portion of the tree falling on the propane tank below, everything blowing up and dying.


There were a couple more variations but I think you get my point. Funny thing was suzie called and said to her mom to tell dan that his baby needs a father, EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING THE ENTIRE TIME. Also an irony of this whole ordeal was what actually met its death turned out to be the chain saw after jason dropped it. Im glad that all the men made it out alive, I suppose I should be remorseful about the saw, but im not, not after the things that went through my mind. I should trust that they all knew what they were doing but you know how that goes, all I can say is thankyou Kara for distracting me with baby clothes.

4 comments:

Torrie said...

lol, i think it must be hormones because some of those exact same things went through my head and I was so relieved when Jason gave the chain saw it's death. I kept yelling shouldn't you put a saftey belt on or something and Jason yelling "huh, I can't hear you"

Glad that is over, it was fun to see you guys.

Suzie said...

Oh dangit! I forgot to send some baby clothes that Kara sent before for you! I want some pics of this tree cutting escapade...

Sina said...

Poor T. It's the hormones. What the heck where they thinking? Baskets, trees and chainsaws???? That's not Kosher!

Kara said...

I am glad that all the trees are down I will be more glad when they are all cleaned up and not on the lawn!!! I am glad that no one was hurt!