Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Doc Appointment

Last Friday I went to another checkup after my little visit at the hospital the previous weekend. My blood pressure was great 118/76, no protein in the urine (do you like being updated on my urine regularly or what?), I did lose a couple pounds but hey what do you expect when you puke your guts out right? Jacks heartbeat sounded supberb when the doc finally got him to hold still so she could take it, he was moving so much and kept pushing around the doppler, my doc said "well I guess I dont need to worry about fetal movement!" When she did come in to see my my doc said "So I hear you had the most terrible care while you were here, I cant believe they didnt admit you sooner, the chief that was on that day talked to the midwife in the morning and told her to give you some more medication for the nausea, and the midwife never paged her again to let her know that you were still sick and laying on an exam table in a little cubby like room for 7 hours with uncontrolled vomiting. When shift change came and the new midwife called the chief she was REALLY upset that you were still there and hadnt got the medication that you needed. I am SO SO SORRY!" It was pretty funny talking to her about the poor care I got, but honestly I think even if I was in a room and in a bed I still would have been totally miserable, but it would have been nice to get the nausea meds a little sooner than 7 hours after the chief told her to give me the good stuff. OH WELL. She also told me she had never seen someone so miserably sick with nausea and vomiting that is this far along in pregnancy sure in the first trimester but this late in the game she hadnt seen it that bad. Maybe when I go into labor my doc will make sure I get AMAZING care lol. But I am very glad that my appointment went so well.

2 comments:

Sina said...

So yeah, I hope you get the VIP treatment when you go into labor, that would be awesome! I'm glad everything is doing well and Jack is good to, wiggles and all!

Suzie said...

Wow! That's nice that your doc is up on everything like that. Now, where's the post on the HOUSE HUNT??