Saturday, September 6, 2008

Peekaboo Realtor

On Thursday morning I was just hanging around the house doing the laundry making the bed yadda yadda and I was just about to get in the shower. Of course I was jamming out to some Christmas music so I was pretty shocked when all the sudden I'm in my g's and I hear some guy saying "Hello, hello is anyone home?" I freak out and say Yes I am home DO NOT COME IN YET. So i quickly pull on clothing that I am folding not even caring how they go on. I had Dan's shirt on inside out at backwards so the tag it just flapping away in the front (of course I didn't realize this till later) and I go to see who is at my door. A realtor with a man woman and baby are standing there staring at me in horror. I say "Oh my goodness I am so sorry but Gabe (our realtor) didn't tell me you were coming I had no idea. And this guy says oh I called yesterday, I then apologize because the bed is not made and there are a few things out of place (like my bra hanging in the bathroom). So I let them in and I go out to sit in my car and wait. I call Dan sobbing my eyes out because I was so embarrassed, and tell him to call Gabe to tell him what happened and that we HAVE to know when to expect people. Dan called me later and told me that Gabe had not scheduled anyone for that day, and that he was so sorry that that happened. And in the future if I dint know they are coming then just tell them they can't come in and if they want to see the place they need to call Gabe first not just have a realtor look on the mls and get our address and pop by unexpected. But can you believe a realtor would actually do that? I mean seriously???

2 comments:

Sina said...

Yeah, that happened to us a few times, and I finally told the one realtor who kept doing it to call my realtor or else I was going to file harrassment charges. There is a reason why you have a realtor, so they can sell you house, but also inform you of scheduled appointments. Did you get the guys card or name? the realtors are supposed to leave those after a showing. If you did, give it to your realtor and have her call him up. I'm so sorry t, how horrible for you!

Suzie said...

I know it was so humiliating for you, but in a few years when you are far removed from the situation & read back on it... I think you'll be laughing..... if not, whenever anyone asks you for your embarrassing moment story, you'll always have one handy!