Tuesday, September 16, 2008

House Hunt

Well what can I say? The house hunt was CRAZY, in pretty much every way possible, fruitful but crazy. Friday at 1:00 my mom and I made it to Idaho Falls and met the realtor Chris, she is great by the way. So we went to search through a bunch of homes, my #2 home was already off the market the previous day so that one was out. I had a list of 3 left that I really liked. One of the homes I was interested in was a short sale going into foreclosure so we had some questions on it and went back to the REMAX office to call the realtor. When we called we found out the house was under a verbal acceptance and had had 4 other offers and they were not accepting any more. So my list is officially down to 2 houses both of which I love. That night I tossed and turned and thought and thought and made lists of pros and cons and I really didnt know which home I liked more. Dan had given me the okay to make an offer on a home if I found one I wanted, but since I couldnt decide between the two I figured I would wait till Wednesday to show Dan both and then we would choose. Saturday morning mom and I were ready to head back home after some good progress, but we decided to just do a drive by of those 2 homes again just to see (we had also stalked the houses the previous night). When we drove up to one of the homes I noticed on the Century 21 sign that is said SOLD!!!! I was so freaked I called the realtor on the sign and explained that I had walked through the day before and was wondering what happened.. he told me they had accepted an offer late that night. At this point I was thinking NO WAY is this actually happening to me? Life has a great way of making decisions for you. So I start to panick thinking I dont want to lose this house that I love. I call up my realtor (who is at an open house till 3:30) and say what is happening and that I would like to wait around till she is available and write up an offer (of course I had spoken with Dan on all the latest happenings, and what do you know but what I have told him and what he has seen online he liked this house best to begin with). So the realtor is available at 3:45, mom and I decide to wait. Of course to mix things up a bit I forgot my checkbook so how am I going to write a check for eanest money???? So here we are at 11:30 am and we think HEY why not use a money order or cashiers check? AHA BINGO! Now we start to panick its getting late and its saturday and banks are probably closing!! YIKES. I called aunt charie to ask what bank would be open right now, and we are off the fred meyer to their instore bank. I tell them I dont have an account with them but I need to get a cashiers check, the sweet teller tells me that she could do it but she would also have to charge me $20, and instead go out to the atm get cash and go to the fred meyer customer service center and get a money order and they would charge me $0.50!!! NICE. So we get the earnest money and go to waste time around Idaho Falls till 3:45 comes around. We finally make it and write up the contract/offer and are done around 6pm. I was totally exhausted and overwhelmed. I was trying so hard to do it all and to be such a big girl without Dan there. When we get in the car my mom asks if I am okay (she knows me well) and I start crying my eyes out. To much pressure for a nutty pregnant lady apparently. I guess the stressometer was a little high. Mom decided it would be best just to stay another night in IF and go home in the morning. So we ate food and went back to destress. Monday the contractor accepted our offer!!!! HURRAY!! All that stress paid off. So pray for us that everything goes through. I love this house and cant wait to have it for my very own!! Sorry this post was so complicated and not very exciting.

4 comments:

Patty Sue Martin said...

I think its exciting! Keep us posted and when everything goes through you better post some pictures!!! AND I think you may have forgot about the prego pictures!! Come on T, you act like life is stressful for you or something!! Ha ha good luck with EVERYTHING!!

Sina said...

poor t. poor mom. poor realtor. what a stressful weekend! I 2nd Patty's vote for pictures of the house and pictures of you!!!!!

Unknown said...

So exciting! Your awesome Tiana! I don't think i would be able to look for a house or make an offer without Matt there...Way to go... CONGRATULATIONS! How's about some pictures of your new home?

Suzie said...

Thanks for the post! I'm glad after all was said and done that it worked out!